Wednesday 6 June 2012

Let Me Be


Why can't I hate you? Oh why not?
When I so badly want to do so with all I've got.
Why do you intrude upon my thoughts, when you're not a part of my life anymore?
Just stay away, why can't you stay behind the closed door?
I try - trust me, it isn't due to lack of trying,
but no matter what I do, I just end up crying.
For all that was and will never be,
For the I and you that is today, that used to be we.
No, I don't want to be with you,
I know I'll never again be able to.
Then why do I crave all our talks?
Why do I miss our fights and the makeup walks?
I don't want to; trust me I don't,
but my heart? It just won't let me forget you - it won't.
What do I do, to get over you?
So that you just become a name in my past, a person i knew?
How do I stop my heart from skipping a beat,
Every time I hear your name, as if it's a treat.
How do I stop my breath from getting fast,
Every time I remember the moments that didn't last?
After what you did to me, I should hate you,
then why are you still so innocent in my view?
My heart is shattered, the broken pieces still inside,
every time I breathe, the pain makes their presence known alright.
I don't want you in my life, why don't you get lost?
Tell me what do I do, let me know what'll it cost?
Can I bleed your memories away;
will you leave with the blood and not stay?
If it's only death that'll do us apart,
just promise me one thing before I depart.
Do me a favour and go away from my thoughts before my death,
Coz I don't want to die with your name on my breath.

1 comment: