Wednesday 29 February 2012

Lonely

Lonely paths, lonely days,
Now that we've decided to go our different ways,
I miss those times when we talked long into the night,
those senseless talks, those silly fights,
But that day you changed it all,
Where did you go? Where are those days?
When your voice brightened my days like the sun's rays.
The comfortable silences, the heart to hearts.
I miss the times when you claimed your love for me was off the charts.
I know i told you to go,
Couldn't you turn back even once and see,
that i needed you bad?
But you found someone to replace me so fast,
I wonder, if our love was even meant to last.
How could you forget all those times,
the dumb games, the stupid rhymes?
I know i shouldn't say this when i was the one who pushed you away,
But now i wonder if you just didn't wanna stay.
Do you call her princess and write poems for her?
Do you tell her that you love her laughter?
Do you even think of me sometimes?
Or were you just pretending all those times?
Yes, i told you that you're free to choose,
that I'm strong enough no matter who i lose.
But i thought you knew, that you are my strength,
to be with you I'd go to any length.
I just wanted to do the right thing,
but i didn't realize that you'll forget me in a blink.
I pretended to be strong for you, so that you wouldn't regret your choice,
yet i hoped against hope that you'd hear the pain in my voice.
But you walked on and didn't even look back,
And I'm still here pretending that there isn't anything i lack.

1 comment:

  1. Feelings are best expressed in the hour of loneliness! I think, till now, this one is the best poem ever from your Kalam se

    ReplyDelete