Wednesday 6 June 2012

Monsters


Monsters, those on the outside and those inside,
Who do I fear more, the ones that I can or can't brush aside?
The ones that are outside, try their best to hurt me,
Every moment they think of ways to make me unhappy.
But these are the ones whom I can ignore,
They’re petty and they don't matter no more.
But what about my own monsters, that are in my head,
Whose efforts I cannot foil the ones who always think ahead?
They tell me I'm useless, a waste of space,
They tell me people hate me and my face.
And there's nothing I can say that’ll make them shut up,
Coz somewhere deep inside I know they are right and it's not a bluff.
No matter how many times I tell myself otherwise,
They always come and taunt me in a different guise.
They tell me to even stop trying when it's of no use,
Just end my life and put an end to this abuse.
They say it'll be easy, it won't hurt,
All you need is a blade and just one cut.

2 comments: