Wednesday 19 December 2012

Lifeless


Alone – I’ve never been so alone,
And yet I don’t wish to see another human being again.
Lost inside myself, I can’t see the path,
But I don’t even wish to go back – not ever.
It’s dark - frighteningly so,
But after what I've endured the dark is the least of the horrors.
I've embraced the dark coz light holds just pain,
Continuous and never-ending, an endless torrent.
I feel the groping hands, but I push the memory away,
No – I do not wish to think,
The memory – I wish it would go away,
The leering faces, those bumbling hands,
Block it out, it’s worse than the pain,
The pain I can bear – the broken body too,
But what do I do about my soul,
That is ravaged beyond description,
There is no healing, no hope,
I’m not myself, they took away my identity,
I just watched helplessly,
From somewhere inside me,
I watched as they abused a body again and again,
Kicked, scratched and made it bleed,
But the body lay lifeless,
Coz of course, that was me and I was not in there anymore,
That was me and yet not me,
Who am I? I’ve lost my identity.
I’m lost and I can’t see,
But I don’t want to see ever again,
That scene plays in my mind endlessly,
I wait for the release, but death does not come,
Why oh why? Am I to be tormented so?
Kill me, do not keep me alive – because I’m already dead,
And it would be a mercy.

1 comment:

  1. An excellent poem that is full of raw emotion! Exactly how I had feel before.

    ReplyDelete