Sunday 1 July 2012

Trapped


I bang on the iron bars, Let me out!
I’m not made for this cage,
Give me my freedom, I shout.
But there is no one to hear me for miles,
I’m all alone…trapped and bound.
My frantic gaze looks for a way out,
Alas, there is none, a voice does announce.
I look towards the source of the sound,
And behold an old man, a few feet from the ground.
What sort of dream is this? I ask,
Who are you and why do you float so?
Oh lovely maiden, you know me well,
It is by my command that you are so leashed,
For I loathe maidens who try to be bold,
Now you try and break free….
And he vanished on this sinister note.
For naught did I shout, at least tell me who you are,
Free me….why have you tied me in chains?
Only a booming laughter answered my plea,
But after a minute, I did get a repartee,
It is I - fear, impertinent fool, you created me,
You gave me the power I posses and you freed me to bind you,
Now these bonds, you cannot escape as they are not of my making,
They are yours and you cannot break them,
It is your fear  that keeps you trapped, dearie.
Give up, let the flame extinguish! You have lost,
You thought no other could defeat you,
And how right you were.. as your defeat,
Was written by your own hands.
Thy enemy is as strong as thee, tis, of your creation,
Proud fool, you did not realize the power you held
And now you are a slave to yourself.
No, this cannot be. But my frantic cries had no effect,
How do I fight a monster in my head?
I lay down, but could not rest,
Lurid phantoms plagued my thoughts.
Yes. I was proud, but now I’m only a shell,
All my glory..It just fell…
How do I conquer myself?
Maybe one day I will and die a free woman,
but till then I am trapped in a cage of my own creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment